Wiimote binding not working in windows 7

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Hi i know this might not be the right place to turn to but its the best shot i got,

I i connect my BT adapter (Billionto Class 1) and fire the wii mote up with "Key 1 & 2" i can scan and find the wiimote and then i can use it from .net every thing is fine..

But if i shutdown the wiimote (remove battery) then i have to remove the wiimote from the device list and pair it again? is there any way around this?

PS: i use the stock BT Stack.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:09 AM

If you unpair manually with the wiimote before you turn it off (or remove the battery) you will not have this issue.

With my WiiMouse program I had to write custom code for the MS Stack (Using the MS Bluetooth APIs), which asked the user on program shutdown whether they want to unpair from the wiimote, as long as the user does this without turning off the wiimote everything works fine, I also had to manually remove certain registry entries to make sure the MS Stack cleaned up properly.

However, each stack is implemented differently, you would need to write seperate code for each stack.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hallo everybody.

first time here, first time trying connecting the balance board with my PC.

I downloaded the library and run the test program successfully both with my wiimote and my balance board.

I'm going to write a simple VB.NET application to record my weight daily, because switching on the wii console, launching, wiifit, etc. is quite annoying. I need something more immediate.

Now, before to customize the test application in order to get my goal, I need to know if I am asked to open the battery slot of the BB everyday to pair it with the PC. In fact, everytime I switch it off, pairing gets lost and I cannot restore it by simply operating the on/off switch. TheToid's answer maybe solve my problem but I don't know what "unpair manually" means.

Could you please explein some more what it means, possibly focusing on the balance board instead of the wiimote?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM

The Wiimote (and all devices like the Balance Board) don't support proper Bluetooth pairing.  You have to manually pair the device to the PC after the PC is restarted, or the device loses power.  The previous posts were referring to the device remaining in the Devices and Printers list if it is not properly unpaired.  Regardless, there's no generic way to automate this procedure as TheToid stated.  It's based on the Bluetooth stack and each one works differently.

May 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Just an update for this: If you take the host bluetooth adapters hardware address, reverse the hex pairs, convert to string, and send as a pin during pairing, the balance board ( or remote ) then remembers your bluetooth adapter and you only need to press the power button to re-connect. This information came from the Wiibrew Wiki and I was able to succesfully get it working using the 32Feet.NET bluetooth library on Windows 7. The catch is the pin has to be sent programmatically because hex pairs like 00 in the address cannot be converted to a printable string for the Windows Bluetooth GUI.