how way to get the Joystick values?

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:59 AM

Hi All!

I run the wiimotelib demo app, but the

code:

JlblChukJoy.Text = ws.NunchukState.Joystick.ToString();

Allways null value! some body help me !

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Do you also have the motionplus connected?  If so, having both is currently unsupported.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

actually , i have the same problem

but its  ws.NunchukState.X  and ws.NunchukState.Y instead of  ws.NunchukState.Joystick

alway null value :'( 

does any1 know why ?

im using windows 7 x64 with microsoft stack bluetooth device

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • What version of WiimoteLib are you using?
  • Are you using a real Wiimote from Nintendo or a 3rd party device?
  • Is it a Wiimote with MotionPlus or a standard Wiimote?
  • Is it a real Nunchuk or a 3rd party device?
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I dont know the version im using its written : wiimotelib-9348 but i tryed with the version 1.8 and i had the same problem,

i'm using a real wiimote from nintendo, 

i'm not using wiimotionPlus,

and it's a real nunchuk from nintendo

thx for the fast reply

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

It sounds like you've downloaded a very, very old version from the Source Code tab.  Grab the latest binary release from the Downloads tab:

http://wiimotelib.codeplex.com/releases/view/21997

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i just tryed the 1.7 version and i have the same problem .  Everything work fine exept the analog joystick from the nunchuk that is alway X = 0 Y = 0 :/

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

What app are you testing this in?  Something you wrote or the WiimoteTest app?  If you haven't, can you test with the included WiimoteTest app?

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

hmm actually im french so when you say app do you mean application? im using visual studio 2010 and i use "debug" when i run the source code but when i tryed the version 1.7 i just opened wimotetest.exe. on the version i was using i just added some  "sendkeys.send" and "cursor.position"  in the original code but i had this problem before i modified the code.

but i dont understand what you mean by  " test with the included wiimoteTest app"

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM

In the package you just downloaded, there's a WiimoteTest.exe application.  If you run that, do you get values in the Nunchuk section of the window?

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

nope i dont get value :/

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Then unfortunately I am out of ideas. :(  Can you try another computer or a different bluetooth adapter to see if it behaves differently?

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i dont have any other pc with bluetooth and im using integrate bluetooth so i can't  but well i will try to find something

thx for your help

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM

damn it ... i just found that the problem was my nunchuk  O.O i just tryed  with another nunchuk and now everything is fine but i dont know why because both nunchuk work on my wii ?

sorry to have bothered just for that ^^.