Wiimotelib v.18 issue with connect() call to wiimote

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:11 AM
I just downloaded library v1.8 and was running the test application. It runs fine when I first connect the wiimote but if i close the application and try to run again then it crashes at the following code (line 1246 in Wiimote.cs) if(!mReadDone.WaitOne(1000, false)) throw new WiimoteException("Error reading data from Wiimote...is it connected?"); If i remove the wiimote from the HID device list and connect it again then it works fine again. This is repeatable on my machine. I am using bluesoleil stack. Everything works fine in the v1.7 application. I was not able to figure out what could be wrong. Somebody please help me.
Apr 26, 2010 at 8:12 AM

v1.8 is listed as a beta and has stability issues. If you need a stable version of the library, use version 1.7 until a newer version is available.

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I understand that it is beta version and not stable but so many people have been using it. So I thought may be somebody knows how to fix this issue or at least give me a hint how to solve it. I need to use wiimotionplus for my project and that why I was hoping for some help. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I got this issue using 1.7 as well ... with a slightly different exception message and call stack, but in the same conditions (connect, disconnect, restart the app, connect)

The interesting (?) thing is that I also get this exception when running the WiimoteTest app. 

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM

@FreakNguyen, are you using BlueSoleil too?

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Hi Brian

All my bluetooth connectivity is done through builtin Windows7 stuff

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hm...I haven't seen this in any of my testing.  Can you describe the pairing process order of everything you're doing?

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I'll continue working on this and will try to come back with accurate repro steps